Saturday, December 29, 2012

New trick taught to an old dog - English tea

As I took this picture under the lamp light, I realized it was the eye of heaven. 天眼

An English girl from facebook writes me a long description of making a proper English. I am very touched. Here is her typing of the detailed procedure:

Hello Haiying. I have taken the time to type you the instructions on how to make a good cup of English tea.
You will need: A tea cup, milk, a tea bag (the typical and most popular to make tea in England) a tea spoon, a way to boil water and sugar is optional.
Step 1: Boil the water and put the tea bag into the tea cup
Step 2: Pour the boiling water into the cup on to the tea bag. Fill up until there is about an inch gap at the top of the cup.
Step 3: Use the tea spoon to push the tea bag against the side of the cup to help get more tea into the water. Leave to stand for about 30 seconds.
Step 4: Add as much milk as you like. The less milk the stronger the tea.
Step 5 (optional) some people wish to add sugar to make it sweeter. I do not do this. A lot of people have sweet milky tea when they are sick
Step 6: Remove the tea bag and enjoy! If you have a compost bin in your garden, tea bags can be put in here.
Any questions please ask
I think you can buy tea bags in your shops. Earl Grey tea tastes different to the other teas. I highly suggest PG Tips, Tetley or Yorkshire teas if you can get hold of them. If not I would happily send you some in exchange for one of your beautiful colouring pages that you do for your classes (I saw a video you did) and we could work out postage costs
Enjoy xxx

So, I made this tea according to the steps.

Here is a video of it.

I love it.

2 comments:

  1. How fun that you made it, and even better that you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tea. I also take photographs of reflections in my tea cup. Wonderful photo

    ReplyDelete